Esteem Girls STEM Academy, LLC
"Achieving Academic Excellence in Math & Science"
Why an Early Focus on STEM Matters?
Research tells us that children's early experience builds brain architecture and lays the foundation for one's lifelong thinking skills and approach to learning, both critical roots of STEM success. STEM disciplines require content knowledge but also robust thinking dispositions-such as curiosity and inquiry, questioning and skepticism, assessment and analysis-as well as a strong learning mindset and confidence when encountering new information or challenges. These need to be developed in a child's early education, beginning in infancy and continuing through third grade to lay the roots for STEM success, (McClure et al., 2017).
STEM & EARLY CHILDHOOD FINDINGS
1. STEM thinking begins in infancy
2. To become strong STEM thinkers, children need more play
3. STEM amplifies language development; language enables STEM thinking
4. Hands-on STEM learning is not only more fun, it is also more effective at helping children make sense of information that is complex or abstract
5. Growth mindset -believing that learning and improvement will follow hard work and intentional effort- is important in STEM learning
6. Prioritize STEM learning for children from infancy through third grade, both in schools and through education opportunities outside of school
(Center for Childhood Creativity, 2018)
Instructional Day 9am-2pm
Private Preparatory style STEM pre-school with a focus on students achieving academic excellence in Math & Science
Drop off 7:15am-7:59am for no additional charge
Elite Private Education
Early Drop off if needed, 7:15-7:55am (free play), no additional fee
Uniform: Esteem Girls Logo Polo Shirt/T-shirt/Sweatshirt (Pink, Blue or Purple) & Grey skirt/pants/jumper
$50 application fee
$100 security deposit (refundable when 2 weeks notice of withdrawal is given and the account is paid on time and is up-to-date)
One week advanced tuition payment due upon registration
To pre-enroll your student email: email@example.com